Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Take Two

Work kept my husband and I up North for Thanksgiving this year, and we spent our very first holiday away from home. At first we were pretty bummed, but a friend from school invited us over to his family dinner. So on Turkey Day we went to his place for a delicious meal and some excellent travel-themed conversation. The grandparents are taking a cruise to Antarctica! We both had a great time, but a disappointing realization set in the next day... There were no leftovers. One of the most exciting things about Thanksgiving is wandering into the kitchen for the next few days and having an abundance of starchy leftovers to choose from. We decided this gross oversight on our part had to be corrected.

The solution is a mid-week Thanksgiving dinner in December. We will be having barbeque pulled pork (because turkey is overrated and I miss bbq), macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, salad with oil and vinegar, rolls, and pumpkin fluff to top off the evening. Now since this is the middle of the week and I have a small kitchen, I will not be trying any complicated recipes. I will be keeping it simple so my husband and I can enjoy our comfort foods with minimal stress.

Sarah


The recipe for Green Bean Casserole on the back of the French's onion container is easy to make and tastes great. It is my husband's favorite. I'm not sure why we only make it once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment