Saturday, December 7, 2013

Greek Yogurt Spinach Dip

This week I decided to make spinach dip for book club, so I took to the Internet in search of the perfect recipe. This proved to be a bit difficult. The recipes I found were either too involved or unhealthy. If I am making a snack with spinach, I would like to assume it's fairly healthy so I can munch away guilt-free. I decided to go out on a limb and make last minute deletions and a mayonnaise substitution before the meeting, and it was a hit! I don't think this easy appetizer was missing any flavor.


Simple Spinach Dip:

1 package Knorr vegetable recipe mix
10 oz frozen spinach- cooked, cooled, and drained
16 oz container of fat free, plain Greek yogurt (Chobani is loaded with protein)
8 oz light sour cream

Directions:

Microwave frozen spinach and let cool. Once cooled, squeeze out as much of the extra liquid as possible. Then stir together the vegetable mix, Greek yogurt, sour cream, and spinach. Serve with pretzels, pita triangles, or veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment