Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Crocheted Headband

Here is one of my homemade Christmas presents! This crocheted headband is simple enough for beginners (me) to make and can be altered for different stitches or yarns. I chose to half double crochet in a bright teal color that is a Simply Soft Caron yarn. I have been drooling over their yarns for weeks, and this project finally gave me an excuse to buy a skein. Plus, I still have tons of leftover yarn to use for future projects. 


I decided that 5 stitches across was the width I wanted for my accessory. I made almost enough rows to complete the headband and then I cut a small piece of elastic and tied it to both ends of the band. I used hot glue to lay the ends flat. The flower was made from a package of felt pieces and a button. This was a free style project, but if you would like more specific measurements or details, please let me know!

*I think smaller elastic would have worked just as well, but I wanted to make sure this was extra secure. Also, no one will see those two inches that are not as attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment