Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chocolate-Covered Katie Cookies

Chocolate-Covered Katie's Double Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies are the best cookies I have ever had. Seriously. I am posting the recipe and some helpful tips so you can enjoy some, too. Mine didn't turn out very photogenic since I used dark cocoa powder. It makes for chocolatey goodness, but my desserts look like dirt!

One thing I love about this recipe is how flexible it is. You can substitute based on your personal preferences, dietary needs, or the contents of your pantry. I used whole wheat flour, dark cocoa powder, regular sugar, and coconut oil. I thought the milk was definitely needed, and the next time I bake these I am going to try adding an egg white so the dough binds a little better. Although, no egg means you can eat as much raw cookie dough as you want...

It is a very crumbly dough, so you need to be patient while shaping your cookies. I had 21 two-bite cookies in one batch. They were super decadent, so I think the small size worked well. My brownie cookies were a little delicate for the first day or so. Not quite crumbly, but the lack of liquids in the batter left them fragile. However, these tasty treats have improved with age. The coconut oil has kept the cookies from drying out and made them even more moist and sturdy. If you plan on sharing these cookies with other people, you should double the recipe and hide some for yourself. These will go fast! Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions about making these at home. Successful substitutions are appreciated as well. Happy baking!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment