Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Infinity Scarf for Beginning Crochet

Finished Product!! I love the color so much and this scarf keeps me toasty. The large hook makes this a quick project, too!
 ---------------------------------------------------------------

I know. I know. I haven't finished the last scarf, but I have learned an important lesson. Make that two.

1. Always buy 2 skeins of yarn if you have a scarf in mind. The beautiful variegated yarn I used for my scarf was purchased well over a year ago- before I even started crocheting. The colors jumped out at me and made me want to learn, so I took 1 skein of yarn home with me. When I finally started working on my project, I didn't even consider the possibility that my yarn might be out of stock. It had always been at the craft store which brings me to lesson number two.

2. If you don't buy enough yarn to finish your project, at least save the wrapper that came with the yarn. All the information you need to track it down is on that piece of paper. These wrappers can easily get lost or discarded over time because, frankly, they are annoying. It's like trying to keep up with your receipts: a fabulous idea until  you find bits of paper everywhere you look and want to burn them all. Maybe that's just me...

I would suggest finding a way to stash all of your yarn wrappings in a safe and contained location. A decorative box or project binder might work well. Then, if an emergency yarn situation should occur, you could take to the internet with all the information you need to track your yarn to a hoarder on ravelry who might be willing to haggle with you. The search for my yarn will continue, but in the meantime, I am itching to start and finish a scarf.

This wonderfully informative video walks you through an infinity scarf project step by step. Plus, this pattern calls for super bulky yarn and a large look, so the whole project can be completed in just a few hours. Yes! I am using Wool-Ease Chunky yarn by Lion Brand Yarn in a gorgeous spice color.

No comments:

Post a Comment