Saturday, February 1, 2014

15 Minute Stovetop Mac & Cheese

stir and let cook until it looks like this : )
Do you ever read the back of the box/bag in search of recipes? Every now and then I'll give it a glance over, but after today's find, I am going to be much more diligent about reading labels for both nutrition information and recipes. 

This recipe came from the back of a Lucerne shredded cheese bag. I was really excited when I found it because it was quick, easy, and didn't call for heavy cream. I ended up using a variety of cheeses I had in the fridge- mostly shredded Colby-Jack with some Fontina and Asiago.The result was fantastic homemade macaroni and cheese that required little effort or time. I will be making this again!

Ingredients:

2 cups hot water
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp butter
2 cups elbow noodles
8 oz (1 bag) shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste (I added some paprika, too.)

Directions:

Add water, milk, butter, and noodles to a pan. Stir frequently. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add in cheese. Stir and let cook until pasta is creamy. Add seasonings to taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment