Tuesday, August 6, 2013

First Post

Greetings!

This seems like a good time to introduce myself. I graduated with an English degree in May. Yes, I carefully considered this major, and after trying numerous introductory classes in any other field, I said screw it. There is no point in fighting what you are meant to do; so I proudly pursued a major in English and loved every minute of it (except those agonizing weeks surrounding research papers). I've considered blogging for several years, but the lack of a unifying theme was my good reason not to start a blog of my own- until now. As a recent graduate, I am trying to figure out my place in the world and what being a grownup truly means. From that perspective, I can share my thoughts and adventures, both big and small, with readers like you.

Here's a little more about me and what you can expect to see in some of these posts. I grew up in Alabama and moved to D.C. in July. I am super excited to explore my new home. Some of my greatest passions are traveling, cooking, and reading. On that subject, I got engaged last month and plan to marry my wonderful fiance in the very near future. : ) I love arts and crafts and frequently bounce around from one project to another. One hobby I gained this summer in addition to crocheting is running. I am looking forward to participating in a 5k this fall. Since my work schedule might be a combination of part-time jobs and/or internships for a while, I would like to include volunteer work in my weekly schedule. Right now I am interested in organizations that promote literacy. Personally and perhaps professionally, I would like to help people read and enjoy books. That's all for now, and thanks for reading!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment