Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Capital Crescent Trail

Catching up on some posts. : ) I am busy training for a new job, we (me and my handsome new roommate) moved over the weekend, and we are also getting married this weekend. Whew! Life is busy and exciting. Here's a look at a relaxing and outdoorsy outing from last week.

It really was this green!


Living in the city, but longing for some trees and fresh air, my fiance and I decided to walk the Capital Crescent Trail. We had used nearby sections for a few scenic runs, but with 11 miles of trail there was much more to see (Ha! I never thought I would describe running as "scenic"). Walking with a pack of snacks and water allowed us to take as much time as we wanted to walk 8 miles of trail from Bethesda through Georgetown. It is a really nice walk, and I recommend it for anyone who wants to get outdoors and move while avoiding the more crowded areas in/around D.C. Bonus: We found a National Park off the side of the trail about halfway through our trip. They rent kayaks, canoes, etc. and have some really nice picnic areas.

After our walk we decided to take the metro over to the courthouse to pick up our marriage license. That was not a quick stop like we were hoping. I felt bad for the people who had to sit next to our sweaty selves. An hour and a half later... we emerged victorious with an official document in hand! In total, we probably walked 10 miles that day getting to the trail and around the city by metro.

We made it to Georgetown.


Note: while walking sounds like easy exercise with minimal consequences, we were both incredibly sore the next two days.

cool old tunnel on trail route

No comments:

Post a Comment