Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chocolate Banana Bites

Yum. These little bananas make for one incredible dessert, and I am of the belief that fruit doesn't count as dessert. People are raving on Pinterest about fried bananas and how they are the sweet-tooth cure. I call BS. Here is the real solution.

Chocolate Banana Bites

I ate most of them before I unpacked the camera...


Ingredients:

-3 bananas
-1 bag of chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
-splash of milk
-a little bit of peanut butter (if desired)

Directions:

1. Slice up bananas. Pick a size any size. I went small because I wanted to stack mine like peanut butter banana sandwiches. That technique gets really messy, by the way. If you are not stacking, I would recommend slices about an inch thick.

2. Put banana slices in the freezer so they are not as slippery when you are ready to dip them in chocolate. I chopped mine up on a cheap plastic plate and then stuck that in the freezer. Mine also went in as sandwiches. It might have been easier to freeze slices, add peanut butter, stack, and refreeze. But I am not that patient.

3. Go do something for 10-15 minutes. Then come back and dump half of bag of chocolate chips in a bowl. Add a splash of milk to chips, shake bowl around, and microwave for 15 seconds.

4. Stir chocolate mixture and microwave for another 15 seconds. Repeat until mixture is creamy and easy to dip bananas in. I think it took me 45 seconds. Do NOT microwave for the full time all at once, or the chocolate will burn. : (

5. Dip bananas! Get them good and coated. Then place bite-sized decadence on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil. When finished put entire tray in the freezer. It will take about 3 hours for the bananas to freeze, but I ate one periodically just to be sure.  ; ) Remember to put these in a freezer-safe container when they are done.

If you are feeling lazy and still want to snack on chocolate bananas, check your grocery's freezer section for Diana's Banana Babies. These are what led to my addiction in the first place. You could also bust out some Nutella to smear on your fruit.

I was lead to this recipe via Pinterest. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment