Monday, January 20, 2014

Can't Follow Directions Corn Dip

I am terrible at following directions, even my own directions, so this recipe is very flexible. Sample your food while you are working and tailor it to your own tastes. That makes cooking more fun and the meal more you! This makes enough dip for a small group party (that has other snacks)- think book club sized. If you are attending a larger get-together or want leftovers for yourself, you will want to double this recipe. 

Ingredients:

2 cups frozen corn
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup (or a little less) cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 small can green chiles
2 green onions (use kitchen shears)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 (more if you like spicy) cayenne pepper
a few splashes of hot sauce

Directions:

---Preheat oven to 375.

1. Cook (microwave) corn and throw in big bowl. Stir in yogurt, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and (drained) chiles. Stir.

--I thought the corn dip was plenty creamy and might suggest using a little less cream cheese; There are 4Tbsp in a quarter cup. Consider starting with 2 and working your way up to 4 Tbsp if needed.

2. Cut up green onions. Measure out spices and add to mixture. I prefer my food with a kick, so I added extra cayenne pepper and hot sauce.

3. Put dip in a baking dish and top with shredded cheese if you're feeling artistic. Bake for 10-20 minutes. I didn't wait for golden cheese to eat this concoction and I don't regret it.

-- You'll notice there are no pictures. It was amazing and we ate it all. I'll make more soon and snap some shots for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment